ULTIMATE SPORTS EXPERIENCE WITH LIFT FLOATS/BROOKLYN NETS: GET 2 NETS TICKETS + 2 FLOAT SESSIONS AT LIFT / NEXT LEVEL FLOATS:
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the sweepstakes known as the Ultimate Sports Experience with LIFT Floats/Brooklyn Nets: Get 2 Nets Tickets + 2 Float Sessions at Lift / Next Level Floats (the “Sweepstakes”). Individuals who, during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below), complete and submit that certain Sweepstakes entry form, available via the portal provided on Lift Float’s (as defined below) social media channels, will be provided with a chance to win the use of two (2) tickets for one (1) regular season Brooklyn Nets game at the Barclays Center (particular seats and games shall be determined by Brooklyn Nets, LLC (“BKLYN”) in its sole discretion) and two (2) Lift Float float sessions (the “Prize”).
ARV of the Prize: $400
2. Sweepstakes Period: The “Sweepstakes Period” means the period of time beginning at 10:00 AM on November 16, 2018 and ending at 11:59 PM on April 10, 2019. In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. Float Ventures, LLC (“Lift Float”) and BKLYN (together, the “Brooklyn Parties”) are not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
3. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must, during the Sweepstakes Period, complete and submit that certain Sweepstakes entry form, available via the portal provided on Lift Float’s social media channels.
Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant completes multiple entry forms, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of the Brooklyn Parties.
By entering the Sweepstakes in a manner described above, an Entrant consents (a) to being contacted by the Brooklyn Parties and their respective affiliates; and (b) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
4. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and reside within the marketing territory of the professional basketball team known as the Brooklyn Nets (the “NETS”) as defined by the NBA. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses and children) of (a) the Brooklyn Parties; (b) their advertising and promotional agencies; and (c) their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of the Winner and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be twelve (12) Prize winners (each, a “Winner”), randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about November 24, 2018, November 27, 2018, December 6, 2018, December 20, 2018, January 1, 2019, February 3, 2019, February 5, 2019, February 20, 2019, February 24, 2019, March 3, 2019, March 31, 2019, and April 2, 2019.
The applicable Winner will be notified via phone call or email on or about each of November 24, 2018, November 27, 2018, December 6, 2018, December 20, 2018, January 1, 2019, February 3, 2019, February 5, 2019, February 20, 2019, February 24, 2019, March 3, 2019, March 31, 2019, and April 2, 2019. If the Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with the Brooklyn Parties by the date specified in the notification message; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, the Brooklyn Parties reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. The Brooklyn Parties shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Winner and no responsibility is assumed by the Brooklyn Parties for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of the Brooklyn Parties, each Winner must sign and return the following documents: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to the Brooklyn Parties; and (c) any other releases and waivers requested by the Brooklyn Parties, releasing Lift Float, BKLYN and the NETS from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned prior to deadline noted therein, or if the Winner is deemed by the Brooklyn Parties to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, the Brooklyn Parties reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in the Brooklyn Parties’ sole discretion. The float sessions that are part of the Prize must be used by the respective Winner within one (1) year of Winner’s receipt of notification of winning the Prize and may only be used on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, unless otherwise approved by Lift Float. The Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. Unless otherwise set forth herein, the Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize including any and all of his/her travel expenses and accommodations.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting Lift Float, BKLYN and the NETS the right to use the Winner’s names, likenesses, statements (if true), biographical information, voices, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winner) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. Lift Float, BKLYN and the NETS expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. The Brooklyn Parties make no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market and publicize the Sweepstakes, Lift Float, BKLYN and its respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants to Lift Float and BKLYN a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, however Lift Float and BKLYN may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Sweepstakes Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by any Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS BROOKLYN NETS, LLC, BROOKLYN EVENTS CENTER, LLC, BARCLAYS BANK PLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, LIFT FLOAT, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Brooklyn Parties shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. The Brooklyn Parties may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Brooklyn Parties representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Brooklyn Parties which, in the sole opinion of the Brooklyn Parties, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then the Brooklyn Parties reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winner based on entries received prior to the action taken.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or BKLYN in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
12. Winner List: For a copy of the name of the Winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
Attn: Amanda Reich
168 39th Street, 7th Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11232
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.
13. NBA Rules: The Sweepstakes and the terms and conditions contained herein shall be governed by all National Basketball League (“NBA”) rules, regulations, resolutions, and agreements, as they may be modified or amended from time to time.